Here’s the thing—the number one way to prevent furnace repair in Norman, OK is to schedule routine maintenance. Now, we aren’t saying that you’ll never need a furnace repair—that would be an outrageous claim. Every heating or air conditioning system will succumb to natural wear and tear, and as a result, will need repairs.
But to keep those repair needs minor and to limit your chances of having an HVAC emergency on your hands, you’d do well to schedule annual maintenance services. That said, you’ll often see us recommend this service in the fall. After all, this is before you need your system the most, right? But no, that does not mean it’s too late now to schedule it if you skipped it this fall.
There are far more benefits to having maintenance done now than there are skipping it until next year. These benefits include:
Reducing Repair Needs
Like we said above, maintenance is the leading way to prevent repair needs. During your furnace tune-up, our expert technicians will fully inspect your entire furnace. We will make any necessary adjustments, check for pending repair issues, and clean the system thoroughly.
By addressing small problems right away, you reduce the chances that a larger emergency will occur. Remember, your furnace goes through a great deal of work over the wintertime! Skipping a tune-up altogether could mean running a furnace that really needs a repair to work efficiently and avoid a breakdown.
Taking care of your furnace as you should help you save energy. This is because during your maintenance session, the system is cleaned inside and out, so any debris that was causing the furnace to work harder than it should have to will be eliminated.
When your furnace is running as efficiently as possible, it saves you energy, and as a result, money.
Maintain the Manufacturer’s Warranty
Most warranties require that you have your heating system maintained on a yearly basis in order to qualify for the services they cover. Getting your furnace tuned-up validates that warranty, helping you save on common furnace expenses.
Have the Peace of Mind Your Furnace is Well-Cared For
Having our techs tell you that your furnace needs a yearly check is one thing. What about what’s involved in those checks? During your furnace maintenance appointment, our technicians check:
- The Ductwork System: Are your air ducts breached? Could they be contributing to poor indoor air quality and poor heating quality?
- The Heat Exchanger: In an aging furnace, a cracked heat exchanger can leak dangerous carbon monoxide gas into your living space, threatening the health and safety of your home.
- Wiring: Our techs will check for any signs of fraying or corrosion of any kind.
- Air Filters: Clogged air filters can seriously impede the performance of your furnace. You should actually be checking yours every 1-3 months during periods of system use, but this is also something we’ll look at during maintenance.
- And more! This is just a brief rundown of some of the factors we look at during your maintenance appointment. For a more exhaustive list and details about our maintenance program, please reach out to our team.
At Comfort Incorporated, we keep your family safe, healthy and comfortable–call today, service today!